Home For The Weekend #4

Once again we've pulled together a wee list of online events taking place this weekend! Let us know if you tune in to any of them and what other events that you are attending.


THURSDAY


Summer Zoom Concert

18:30 - 19:15

Facebook Event

The Glad Spectrum Music group are doing their summer concert on zoom this year! You can watch the concert on facebook live on the Hear My Music page. The group will play some of the music they have created and been learning during their remote sessions.


Tune in and support this wonderful music group!


Sonnet Youth Cub

Image: Sonnet Youth

20:00 - 21:30

Facebook Event

Sonnet Youth Social Club brings together some incredible artists to create that unique SY vibe and stream incredible performances direct to your homes. The Lineup includes Sam Small Poetry, Zara Gladman, Big Miz and Marjolein Robertson. Hosted by Kevin P. Gilday and Cat Hepburn Write.

Supporting artists and a different charity every show (this week's charity is CRER Scotland) pay what you feel at paypal.me/sonnetyouth - as little as £1 will make a difference!


Fanny Business Presents - Fannying Aboot!

20:30 - 20:50

Facebook Event

From the writer and producer of your favourite Spring Panto Cinderella, comes.... Fannying Aboot!


Fannying Aboot is a one women sketch show, produced and written by Rachel Anne Clarke in lockdown. It's 20 minutes of daft relatable sketches for you to sit down and enjoy. Grab a drink, have a seat on the sofa and enjoy this sketch show!


FRIDAY


Pop Mutations

Fri 13:00 - Sun 23:00

Facebook Event

Pop Mutations is the inaugural music and culture festival from the in-house booking team behind some of Glasgow's most cherished and loved music venues and vegan cafe/bars. Pop Mutations will deliver a diverse programme over the three days straight into your homes by the power of the internet. Acts, artists and hosts include… 12th Isle, David Barbarossa, The Flying Dug Quiz w/Duglas T Stewart, Lunacy, The Artsy Vice Show and lots more!

Access is free-to-all over the weekend as a not-for-profit event. Donation links will be provided on their website, social media and on every streaming event. All donations will be split with 60% of proceeds going to the artists, hosts, performers or their chosen charity. The remaining 40% will be donated to Coalition for Racial Equality and Rights (CRER Scotland), a Scottish strategic racial equality charity, based in Glasgow.


The Scottish Women Inventing Music Quiz Night!

18:00 - 20:00

Facebook Event

The first ever Scottish Women Inventing Music quiz night is happening on Friday evening! Presented by host extraordinaire Beth Black, join us from the comfort of your own living room for a fun night in.


Image: Scottish Women Inventing Music

Live performance from Johnny Barr

19:00 - 21:00

Facebook Event

Johnny Barr will be going live every Friday night during June and July! Johnny will go live from the Renfrewshire Carers Centre Facebook Page at 7pm on Friday nights.Grab a drink and enjoy the music with your family from the comfort and safety of your own home!



SATURDAY


Glasgow Print Fair at Home

10:30 - 17:00

Facebook Event

Glasgow Print Fair is coming to a sofa near you; 27th June - 31st of July.


They've invited an incredible collection of artists and printmakers to create an exclusive Glasgow Print Fair print around the theme of nature. You'll be able to purchase directly from each printmaker via their website.


Image: Glasgow Print Fair

Saturday Night Live at The Stand

20:30 - 21:30

Facebook Event

Join The Stand Comedy Club live from the club again on the 27th June. Mark Nelson hosts some live stand-up comedy from… Jojo Sutherland, Chris Forbes, Ray Bradshaw, Liam Withnail and headliner Phill Jupitus. You can watch the show live via this YouTube link.


You can help the survival of The Stand Comedy clubs in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle by donating HERE.


We are so excited about these events and can't wait to tune in to them with a wee beer in hand! Let us know what events you are going to be watching this weekend too.


Stay Safe Southsiders!


47 views
Banner AD - OTF (1).jpg

Use of Cookies          Logos              Contact Us                 Privacy Policy